By Julia and CJ
Scripture teaches there are many lords and gods, yet many think they are serving the one true God of heaven and earth. The perfect example is what we are seeing with Isis as they glamorize evil, and we must ask ourselves how can the killing of people be of God if the commandments tell us thou shalt not kill!
Ancient gods of long ago such as Ba’-al worshippers thought they too were serving God as we read in the case of Je-hosh’-a-phat who did a lot of good as king when he removed the sodomites out of the land, and he walked in all the ways of his father Asa and did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord.
Unlike the previous kings A-ha-zi’-ah the son of Ahab began to reign over Israel and did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord and served Ba’-al(1 Kings 22:42-53).
May we stay in the Holy word of God so we are not swayed from the truth found only in Christ
Time to reflect on the last year and understand what we are witnessing.
Our youth are being bullied in heinous ways, and committing suicide at alarming rates. It seems every month we hear of new attacks by young teens on other young teens resulting in death or disfiguration. There are many recent reports of a new game where boiling water is thrown in the faces of sleeping teens. New and heinous ways to hurt our youth emerge every day. Thats not even touching the hazing incidents. Every month we hear about male students raping other male students in horrible ways. Teens are having babies, flushing them, or dumping in trash bins. Abortion is rampant.
Adults are no better. This is not new. Nothing is new under the sun.
As yesterdays events unfold many pastors are struggling to identify the why in the recent church massacre in Texas. We’ve heard so many struggling to answer questions like “why does God allow evil?”
Newsflash, the evil demonic forces unleashed on the world and the West, even with recent church massacres is not allowed or caused by God.
We wrestle not with flesh and blood…. Satan has opened the gates of hell and unleashed his cache of evil spirits and demons on an unsuspecting world. Ancient gods have been ressurected in recent years and has caught the body of Christ asleep, just as prophecied.
Baal has been ressurected, praised and even honored in the west. Even in America, last year a replica of the arch of baals temple was erected for a week in New York. And if you truly look at the evil unleashed in America since October of last year a clear picture comes into view. Lets look at some facts about Baal:
- Baal worship was rooted in sensuality and involved ritualistic prostitution in the temples.
- Appeasing Baal required human sacrifice, usually the firstborn of the one making the sacrifice (Jeremiah 19:5).
- The priests of Baal appealed to their god in rites of wild abandon which included loud, ecstatic cries and self-inflicted injury (1 Kings 18:28). (Authors note: A modern day celebration by shiite muslims self-emulating parralels this: The root of the word Ashurahas the meaning of tenth in semetic languages; hence the name of the remembrance, literally translated, means “the tenth day”. According to the orientalist A. Wensinck, the name is derived from the Hebrew ʿāsōr, with the Aramaic determinative ending.)
- The worship of Baal was prevalent in Canaan from ancient times (prior to the Israelite exodus from Egypt until well after the Babylonian exile in the sixth century B.C.E.).
- Baal worship was violently opposed by the Biblical prophets and several of the kings of Judah, who believed it was God’s will that Canaanite religion be completely eliminated from Judah and Israel.
- In the Bible, Baal was an important Canaanite god, often portrayed as the primary enemy of the Hebrew God Yahweh.
- The Semitic word “baal” (meaning ‘”Lord”) was also used to refer to various deities of the Levant.
- “Baal” in the Bible was more frequently associated with a major deity in the Canaanite pantheon, being the son of the chief god El and his consort Ashera (In some sources Baal is the son of Dagon, with El being a more distant ancestor
- Identical with the Assyrian deity Hadad. In Canaanite lore, he was the ruler of Heaven as well as a god of the sun, rain, thunder, fertility, and agriculture.
- Ugaritic texts tell of other fertility aspects of Baal, such as his relations with Anath, his consort and sister, and also his siring a divine bull calf from a heifer.
- Baal was not exclusively a fertility god. He was also king of the gods, and, to achieve that position, he was portrayed as seizing the divine kingship from Yamm, the sea god.
Rabbi Cahn said this about the unveiling: “Before the moment of unveiling, a live band began playing Middle Eastern music. As one listened to the drumbeat, one could imagine similar music being played as worshipers ascended the ancient Temple of Baal.”
There is so much written about this god of ancient times and so much that parallels modern history and todays events yet we remain defiant in belief. The disciples warned of this spirit and so did Christ yet we close our eyes and defy belief in evil spirits justifying our denial by believing events like the genocide and barbaric oppression and slaughter in the middle east is just crazy people. Same as dark events here, refusing to believe in the evil spirits we were warned of we accept mental illness as an excuse.
And also with those in our country increasing the occult, with curses, and calls during occult services on dark spirits to aid them. The New York times did a story a couple days ago about the witches and how they are (my words) mocking God and laughing at Christians. The New York Times story points out in an interview with one witch that they are using the Biblical book of Psalms as their spell book! Helllooo, if you cant recognize satan in this then we are truly blind! The New York Times said of this practice: “Wary of cultural appropriation, some of today’s young occultists look for esoteric strains in their own cultures rather than borrowing from foreign traditions.”
It’s time to put on the full Armor of God and and take a stand!
It’s time to put the name of God foremost on our mind or we will fall for the great deception. Even Jesus Christ taught the importance of revering the name of YaHoVah, when He taught us to pray. Our Father who art in Heaven HALLOWED be thy name…. His name is not simply a translation as a generic name such as god, He is above ALL! Get it right, perilous times have arrived.
Sources: Rabbi Jonathon Cahn, Brittanica world book, New world encyclopedia, New York Times, Stream.org, Got questions.